Q. How do I request books or articles through interlibrary loan?
Remember that when available, Consortium Loan Service (CLS) is the better choice. Interlibrary loan is only for items not available via CLS.
To request a book or article using Interlibrary Loan (ILL):
- From the UDC library Homepage:
- Scroll down and click on “My Library Account” under “Quick Links”
- Log in using your UDC information (same as for MyUDC).
- Once logged in, click on "ILL Request".
- The first time you access ILLiad, you will verify your personal information. Often missing is a phone number. Once you enter all required information and verify, you will be taken to the ILLiad home page. Your ILLiad account SHOULD be linked to your library account, and automatically take you into the page the verify your personal information. If it prompts you to login, email a librarian for assistance.
- Once in ILLiad, click on "Book" or “Article Copy” under “New” on the left hand side of the page.
- Then, you can fill in the form with the necessary information, all available in the citation.
Note: There is no time guarantee for ILL requests. While they can be pretty fast, we can't make any promises, so plan ahead and request early.