Q. Does the library offer internship opportunities?
Yes! We are always seeking MLIS students for internships, practicums, or field studies. We are also happy to accept students who simply want to gain experience. We are currently offering only online/virtual internships.
The ideal candidate:
- has a passion for helping people and unfaltering patience
- is able to offer technical assistance to students (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Web, Blackboard and copying and printing support)
- can juggle multiple responsibilities at a time
- loves learning and helping others learn
- takes initiative and is not afraid to ask questions
Our student population is diverse in every sense of the word and the library combines elements of a university library, a community college library, and even a public library.
Projects can be related to instruction, the library website, online instruction tools, assessment, collection management, or another area of interest in academic libraries. As a small library, we have many opportunities, and the project can related to a particular area of interest for the student.
Please email email@example.com with your resume and areas of interest.