Q. Are there laptop computers I can borrow?
Yes, laptop computers may be checked out at the Circulation desk (level 5). The following guidelines are to be observed.
Guidelines for Use of LRD Laptops
- Laptops will be lent only to UDC students, faculty, and staff or to members of the Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC). A valid ID is required for circulation.
- The use of the laptop will be limited to level 5. Each laptop has wireless Internet access that is only active in that area at this time.
- Each laptop will operate just as any of our catalog access stations and as a standalone computer as well. Printing from the web is possible using LRD’s card control system. Be sure to know your laptop number when requesting a print job.
- Just as you are solely responsible for any material borrowed from LRD, you are solely responsible for the laptop issued to you. There will be a charge of $150 for any unit returned damaged by negligence or irresponsible use. There will be a charge of $1,000 for any unit not returned.
- You should borrow a laptop only if you are familiar with the operation of a personal computer and the use of a finger-pointing device. At this time, LRD personnel cannot assist patrons with the use of laptops or software applications.
- Use the earphones provided to listen to music or surf the web to avoid disturbing other patrons.
- Some programs or audio CDs require a CD-ROM drive. Ask the Circulation staff for this unit. You must bring and use your own USB storage drive if you wish to save your work for later use.
Was this helpful? 0 0