Q. How do I renew materials I have checked out?
You may renew an item a maximum of 3 times online before you need to bring the item back into the library to have it checked in and re-checked out to your account.
Each item may be renewed 3 times if a hold is not requested by another patron. Renewals may be done at the LRD Circulation Desk or online using My Library Account.
If you reach the renewal limit of 3, you must bring the item in person to the LRD Circulation Desk to either return or have it checked in and re-checked out to your account. This will start the process again, allowing up to 3 more renewals.
- Click on My Library Account and type in your last name, institution ID number or barcode number, and select your home university.
- Please note: George Mason and Georgetown items will not appear with your other WRLC items. You must click those links separately to renew any items from either library.
- Click “Renew Online.”
- Select the items you wish to renew and click on “renew items.”
- Confirm your renewal. If your renewal was successful, the word “Renewed” followed by your new due date will appear to the right of each book on your list. Please print this page for your records.
- Materials may be returned to any WRLC library.
- All books are subject to recall.
- If you have questions, please contact the LRD Circulation Desk at 202-274-6009.