Are there laptop computers I can borrow?
Last Updated: Jun 01, 2017 | 166 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
Yes, laptop computers may be checked out at the Circulation desk (level 5). The following guidelines are to be observed.
Guidelines for Use of LRD Laptops
- Laptops will be lent only to UDC students, faculty, and staff or to members of the Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC). A valid ID is required for circulation.
- The use of the laptop will be limited to level 5. Each laptop has wireless Internet access that is only active in that area at this time.
- Each laptop will operate just as any of our catalog access stations and as a standalone computer as well. Printing from the web is possible using LRD’s card control system. Be sure to know your laptop number when requesting a print job.
- Just as you are solely responsible for any material borrowed from LRD, you are solely responsible for the laptop issued to you. There will be a charge of $150 for any unit returned damaged by negligence or irresponsible use. There will be a charge of $1,000 for any unit not returned.
- You should borrow a laptop only if you are familiar with the operation of a personal computer and the use of a finger-pointing device. At this time, LRD personnel cannot assist patrons with the use of laptops or software applications.
- Use the earphones provided to listen to music or surf the web to avoid disturbing other patrons.
- Some programs or audio CDs require a CD-ROM drive. Ask the Circulation staff for this unit. You must bring and use your own USB storage drive if you wish to save your work for later use.